Welcome back my little lovebugs (don’t really know what that means but it sounds really cute so it’s going to stay there lol)
Today’s post is going to be a little different. No beauty products, no favourites; just a little chit chat.
Since turning 24 in April I feel that my mind, body and soul has changed in such a drastic way. 2016 was a very difficult year for me where I saw a massive step back with my mental health, appearance and just a day to day struggle of continuing a routine.
So here are a few tips I clung on to in getting the old jams back
- Stop crying over situations you can’t control 🤷♀️- The sooner you realise that you have no control over certain situations in your life, the sooner your journey of healing will begin. Last year I went through a very messy break-up. Break-ups are amongst one of the situations where you don’t know how the other person is going to handle it. People change like the weather. Break-ups are selfish, you are both having to survive the storm of emotions that is heading your way. The SOONER I realised after months of crying, lactose free ice cream (homegirl just be getting played by that dairy) I realised I have no control over this HOWEVER I do have control of want I do next. Whether you’re going through a break-up or a really hard time. Get to the point of realising the only factor you can control in making a situation better is yourself.
- Do more of what makes you happy 😬 – This is very self explanatory. Do more of what makes you happy, do more of what makes you tick as a person. What you’re passionate about. There’s no better time than now.
- Feeling good inside and out 💪🏃♀️- Now, I have to put my hands up and say I’m 1000% a comfort eater 🍕🍔🌭🍟. So you can just imagine the varsity of weight I put on last year. I wasn’t cute. I didn’t feel cute. It just wasn’t me. So instead of me being more upset that I put on weight, I took control of the situation and signed up to the gym. Too many of us complain about something but are not proactive in fixing the situation. Stop that. Stop it now. Be proactive in what you mean to fix. Slowly but surely I began to drop the weight and gradually got back to my old self. I can’t type this today and say it was easy because honey child it wasn’t, but it was worth it. Replicating feeling good on the inside and out.
- Drop people out! 🙋 – Okay that sounds quite harsh but hear me out lol. Last year I really lived through the quote of “quality over quantity”. Do you have those people in your life who contact you when they only want something, when you explain to them you’re having a bad day and all they can respond is “that’s crazy” or “its mad”….pardon. You need friends in your life who fill your tank, not drain it. I realised I didn’t want friends who I didn’t feel comfortable around. I wanted friends who would cry with me when I’m down and be crazy with me when I’m at my best.
- You’re still breathing ☀️ – Looking at everything I just said. You have survived this ordeal in your life. Things may have broke on the start of the journey but guess what baby girl you’re still breathing. That is step No.1 and congratulations on getting to that point. Now let’s work on you.
Ladies or gents if you want to drop a little nugget of wisdom in the comments on how yourself deal with the lemons life give you, please share! share! share!